Get ready for the perfect faux cheat night meal. These bake fried chimichangas are so crispy and delicious and completely guilt free!
So here's what you'll need:
2/3 cup of cooked shredded chicken (super easy recipe here)
1/2 cup of lite Mexican blend cheese (I use the one from Trader Joe’s)
1 can of fire roasted diced green chiles
2 carb balance burrito size tortillas (I get these ones from Target)
1/2 cup of mild chunky salsa
2 cups of iceberg lettuce
2 tablespoons of light sour cream
1/2 cup of homemade pico de gallo (or store bought)
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F
2. Next heat up the shredded chicken with the green chiles on the stovetop.
3. Create a working surface and divide the chicken mixture between the two tortillas.
4. Top the chicken mixture with 1/4 cup of cheese and as much mild chunky salsa as you want.
5. Next, carefully life the edge nearest you and wrap it around the filling. Fold the left and right sides in toward the center and continue to roll into a tight cylinder. Set aside, seam side down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Repeat with other tortilla.
6. Spray the tops of both tortillas with an olive oil spray and bake in the oven for about 20-30 minutes. After 20 minutes, check on how they're doing every minute or so. They should be lightly browned when ready.
7. Top your chimichangas with some iceberg lettuce and pico de gallo and a drizzle of sour cream.