Okay guys, here is the easiest taco salad recipe ever. Everything is pretty much cooked in one pot and best part ... there is no need for a dressing, making it super low calorie and guilt free. Feel free to scroll down to the bottom for a printable version of the recipe!
So here's what you'll need:
4 cups of chopped kale
1/4 cup of cilantro
1/8 cup of taco seasoning
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/2 cup of yellow onion, chopped
8 ounces of ground turkey (1/2 a package)
1 cup of frozen fire roasted corn (I get mine from Trader Joe's)
1/2 cup of canned black beans
1/2 cup of mild chunky salsa (I used this Pace Brand Salsa)
1/2 cup of santa fe tortilla strips (I used this one from Target)
1. Heat a pan up with a little bit of olive oil and begin cooking the onions for about 3 minutes. Then add the garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
2. Next, add the ground turkey and season with the taco seasoning and salt and pepper as needed. Cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Once the turkey is browned, add in the frozen corn (no need to thaw), black beans and salsa. Cook everything until the corn is warm.
4. Divide the kale between two plates and add the cilantro (optional). Then add the taco mixture to the top of the kale.
5. Top everything off with some tortilla strips, if you want. You can also top it with some sour cream, avocado or more salsa! The topping options are literally endless.