This is quite literally the easiest shredded chicken recipe ever. What I do is I make a big batch of it and then divide and freeze it so I have ready to eat shredded chicken for those quick dinner nights!
2 cups Chicken or Veggie Stock
4 Large pieces of boneless skinless chicken breasts
1. Place the stock and chicken in a large pot and turn it to a medium high heat. Cover.
2. Let the chicken boil for about 10 minutes or until cooked through.
3. Transfer the chicken and about a cup of broth to a bowl mixer. I used my kitchenaid mixer but a hand mixer will work just fine.
4. Turn the mixer on slow for about a minute and then raise it to a medium speed until the chicken is shredded to how you like it.
5. That's it! You can then divide the shredded chicken into freezer bags and store in the freezer for quick night meals!
Get ready for the perfect faux cheat night meal. These bake fried chimichangas are so crispy and delicious and completely guilt free!
So here's what you'll need:
2/3 cup of cooked shredded chicken (super easy recipe here)
1/2 cup of lite Mexican blend cheese (I use the one from Trader Joe’s)
1 can of fire roasted diced green chiles
2 carb balance burrito size tortillas (I get these ones from Target)
1/2 cup of mild chunky salsa
2 cups of iceberg lettuce
2 tablespoons of light sour cream
1/2 cup of homemade pico de gallo (or store bought)
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F
2. Next heat up the shredded chicken with the green chiles on the stovetop.
3. Create a working surface and divide the chicken mixture between the two tortillas.
4. Top the chicken mixture with 1/4 cup of cheese and as much mild chunky salsa as you want.
5. Next, carefully life the edge nearest you and wrap it around the filling. Fold the left and right sides in toward the center and continue to roll into a tight cylinder. Set aside, seam side down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Repeat with other tortilla.
6. Spray the tops of both tortillas with an olive oil spray and bake in the oven for about 20-30 minutes. After 20 minutes, check on how they're doing every minute or so. They should be lightly browned when ready.
7. Top your chimichangas with some iceberg lettuce and pico de gallo and a drizzle of sour cream.
Okay guys, here is the easiest taco salad recipe ever. Everything is pretty much cooked in one pot and best part ... there is no need for a dressing, making it super low calorie and guilt free. Feel free to scroll down to the bottom for a printable version of the recipe!
So here's what you'll need:
4 cups of chopped kale
1/4 cup of cilantro
1/8 cup of taco seasoning
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/2 cup of yellow onion, chopped
8 ounces of ground turkey (1/2 a package)
1 cup of frozen fire roasted corn (I get mine from Trader Joe's)
1/2 cup of canned black beans
1/2 cup of mild chunky salsa (I used this Pace Brand Salsa)
1/2 cup of santa fe tortilla strips (I used this one from Target)
1. Heat a pan up with a little bit of olive oil and begin cooking the onions for about 3 minutes. Then add the garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
2. Next, add the ground turkey and season with the taco seasoning and salt and pepper as needed. Cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Once the turkey is browned, add in the frozen corn (no need to thaw), black beans and salsa. Cook everything until the corn is warm.
4. Divide the kale between two plates and add the cilantro (optional). Then add the taco mixture to the top of the kale.
5. Top everything off with some tortilla strips, if you want. You can also top it with some sour cream, avocado or more salsa! The topping options are literally endless.