Recipe: Fajita Chicken Salad
This salad has become one of my all time favs. I eat it pretty much once a week—and better yet, it is Tone It Up approved! Not to mention that my super picky husband likes it too ... which is always an added bonus.
Here's What You'll Need:
4 cups of chopped kale
I red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1/2 red onion, sliced
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
1/2 cup of Green Goddess Dressing (I got mine from Trader Joes)
Here's How to Put It All Together:
1. Start cooking the chicken over medium high heat. Pour a little olive oil in the pan and cook the chicken.
2. Next, add the peppers and onions to the same pan and mix it all together. Allow the chicken and peppers to brown, so don't keep stirring but rather let it sit and cook. Once it has a little char on it, then stir it around and let it cook a bit more until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
3. Turn off the heat and let the chicken and peppers cool.
4. Next, make the salad. Add the kale to the bowl and drizzle with a tiny bit of oil and massage the kale with your hands for about 30 seconds. Next, cube up the avocado and add it to the kale.
5. Then add the chicken mixture and dressing and mix it all up. Split the salad between two plates and enjoy!
Make sure to tag us when you make this #tiuapproved meal at #typologiepaperco