Italian Sausage Spaghetti
In our household right now, we are in a state of budget emergency. We are a family of three and when it comes to groceries and eating out, the cheaper the better.
So with that in mind, I decided to make the easiest pasta dish ever. I mean, pasta is known for being budget friendly, right? But not only is it cheap, it only has THREE ingredients—so it's super fast and crazy easy to make. Plus, it makes leftovers, so we really get two dinners for the price of one and you can't beat that!
So here we go!
Here's what you'll need...
- 1 pound of mild ground Italian sausage - $2.99
- 1 package of dried spaghetti - $.99
- 32 ounces of any red pasta sauce, I used roasted garlic pasta sauce (I also like my pasta with ample sauce, so you can adjust this to your liking), $4.38
Meal total (well, really two meals): $8.36
- Bring a pot of water to boiling and add the pasta. I never really time pasta but rather just keep tasting it every minute or so to see if it's done.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the Italian sausage to a pan and cook until completely done and there is no pink in the center.
- Once the pasta is done, drain the water and put the pasta back in the pot and add the cooked sausage and pasta sauce. Turn on the heat to low and basically just warm up the sauce.
- Next, serve it up because you're done!
Super easy, right?! I would love to see your photos if you make this recipe! Tag me @typologiepaperco #typologiepapercoxoxo,